Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Trip to Asheville, NC!

I can't believe I didn't post about my trip to Asheville, NC with my mom and sisters to visit the Biltmore!!! WOW! What an impressive architectural structure that place is.  I had never been to the Biltmore nor had I been to Asheville, needless to say I fell in love with that town.  The food was amazing, the people were super laid back and it just had a great organic vibe.  They are all about supporting local businesses, which is so refreshing.
When we arrived on Friday we immediately began looking for a great dinner spot and live music.  We ended up at Bouchon, a quaint little french spot that served french comfort food; it was delicious! Our table was crowded with bread, mussels, lobster ravioli, crab bisque and french fries, so so yummy! I did not get pictures of these eats but trust me, they were amazing.  After dinner we saw some live music by a guy who is known for writing music for the Avett Brothers, or has written for them, either way they were really talented and entertaining!
Saturday we ate breakfast at a super cute spot called Early Girl Eatery, where the servers are as colorful as the food is delicious! It has a very vintage vibe and feels as if you are eating in an old schoolhouse lunchroom.
After breakfast we headed back to the hotel to get the car to head to the Biltmore.  Like I said, I had never been and didn't realize the grandeur of the place until we pulled up to it.  It was still decorated for Christmas and it was beautiful! The hours and man work it takes to get that place ready is unbelievable.  We weren't allowed to take pictures inside so I only got a few outside shots. It was so impressive and I highly recommend going!

Now off to the The Omni Grove Park Inn!! Next time I go to Asheville, I will be staying here.  My mom has made a few trips to A-ville and always stays here, now I know why.  It is a huge historical hotel with a rock facade set atop Sunset Mountain.  When we entered the lobby, my sister and I both got a very "Overlook Hotel" vibe, you know, the hotel from The Shining? Stanley Kubric shining, not Stephen King, huge difference! Turns out there is an actual ghost story about the hotel so yeah, I kinda love it.  Anyway, we settled at a little table by the bar for a snack and a drink.  We opted for the cheese platter, duh! I still think about the pickles on this board on a daily basis.  I loved them so much I called the hotel after arriving back home to get the recipe; turns out they come from a company in ATL!! SCORE!! Now, to justify spending $30 on pickles...

 ----->  http://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/asheville-grove-park/property-details/history

We left the Grove, :( and headed back to the hotel to rest a bit before heading to dinner.  I cannot remember where we ate that night, but like every other meal, it was also superb.
Sunday morning arrives and it's time to head home, but first, breakfast!! I asked for suggestions and was told to go to Biscuit Head, so we did!  It like all the others, is local, small and full of character.  You wouldn't think much from the outside appearance but none of that matters after you taste the food! Ill just post this picture... :) Concluding our trip with this breakfast and snow flurries couldn't have been more perfect.  I had so much fun with my mom and sisters!!



2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a great trip! That Eggs Benny picture looks ridiculous. Dude, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we did!! I can't wait to go back, such a fun town!

    ReplyDelete