Friday, October 2, 2015

BBQ Chicken Pizza 

I love pizza for so many reasons! I mean, who doesn't?!?! If you are one of those who doesn't, well, I don't trust you and we can't be friends. The best thing about pizza is that there are literally endless combinations of toppings. With this I just took all the makings of what I would put on my bbq sandwich and made it into a pizza! It's that easy. Take your favorite dish, break it down, put those ingredients on a crust and BAM! You got a pizza! 
I used a pre-made whole wheat pizza crust because when I tried making dough a few weeks back it was shit. Anything remotely close to baking I usually fail at miserably...& I'm ok with that! I leave the baking to my sister and mom:) anyway, enough rambling here's the recipe and ingredients. 
PS I will post the coleslaw recipe separate 
**Ingredients** 
1 bertolli whole wheat pizza crust 
2 chicken breast 
3 bacon strips cooked & crumbled
4-5 large pieces of pepperoni |i used the Publix pre sliced from their deli|
1/2 red onion sliced 
1 tbsp olive oil 
Stubbs spicy bbq sauce |about 1/2 cup total|
1 tbsp mayo 
1 tbsp coarse ground mustard 
1/2 tbsp hot sauce |i prefer sriracha;-)|
1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette 
  1. Pre heat oven to 275. Bake chicken coated in bbq sauce for about an hour or 350 for 30 min. |I wanted them extra tender Bc after chopped they have to go back in the oven once on the pizza|
  2. In a small bowl combine mayo, mustard & hot sauce. Place in fridge. 
  3. While chicken is cooking fry bacon then set aside. caramelize onions in the oil from bacon over med heat. |About 30 min| if you don't want to caramelize them that's ok! You can just throw them on before baking the pizza once it's assembled. 
  4. When chicken is done, place on cutting board and let cool. Take that bbq sauce from the pan and save to be drizzled over the pizza later! 
  5. Take pizza crust and brush on mayo mixture as the 'sauce'. 
  6. Chop the chicken using a chefs knife into cubes or smaller bites if you prefer. Then spread on pizza.
  7. Julienne pepperoni and crush bacon. Then layer over chicken. 
  8. Bake at 450 for about 10 min 
  9. Take that reserved bbq sauce and add the balsamic ving. Stir & warm it up. 
  10. Drizzle that shit on top! 
 
*If you choose to top this with the coleslaw |which I highly recommend| do that first, then the chopped sweet pickles then drizzle the bbq sauce!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment