Friday, October 2, 2015

Creamy Brown Butter Garlic Potatoes

Yesterday I had a craving for a southern dinner , however, my husband was too hungry to wait until I got home to cook and went to KFC -whatever dude I opted to stay at my parent's house and eat left overs. While the left overs were tasty and filling, I still had a craving for something southern, creamed potatoes to be exact! I only had half a potato, long story, but that would suffice for 1 serving.  But I'll list the amount you'll need for about 4-6 servings. I would've made more but like I said I only had 1/2 a potato. 


**Ingredients**
  • 3-4 large baking (Idaho) potatoes peeled and cut into chunks 
  • 3 tbsp unsalted butter 
  • heavy cream 
  • 2 garlic cloves minced 
  • Ground black pepper 
  • Salt 
  1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil then add potatoes and cook until fork tender. About 15 minutes 
  2. While potatoes are cooking add butter to a pan over med-low heat and cook until browned. 
  3. After potatoes are done drain them then add back to pot. 
  4. Add garlic to butter until fragrant (1-2 minutes) 
  5. Add butter and garlic except 1-2 tbsp, to potatoes along with several grinds of pepper. Or a 4 finger 'pinch'. Add cream a little at a time until you get the consistency you'd like. Obviously the more cream the creamier they'll be. If you don't want to use all cream, use milk or veggie stock to cut down on the fat. But I'd advise against that! 
  6. Using either a hand held immersion blender or hand help blender, blend until creamy.
  7. Put potatoes in a large bowl and pour the rest of the butter - garlic mixture on top and serve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment