Thursday, October 22, 2015

Short Rib Guinness Chili

Hey guys! Long time no blog :-/ my bad! I make tons of chili every fall/winter and try something new quite a bit.  This is a pretty standard base for most of them but I changed the meat a little.  Not sure what was so different about this one but Michael said it was my best yet! I didn't disagree and neither did the family I work for; I took them some because this makes a shit load.
If you like a good hearty chili, this is perfect.
NOTE: I cooked my short ribs in the crock pot with a little beef broth for a few hours then cut them into small cubes and added them later to the chili..



 **Ingredients**

  • 4 oz chorizo
  • 1 package ground turkey or beef
  • 1 package boneless short ribs
  • 1 box Pomero chopped tomatoes
  • 1 Guinness beer
  • 1 1/2 Cup sodium free beef broth
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 Can dark kidney beans
  • 1 small yellow onion chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 Tbsp garlic & onion powder
  • 3 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp paprika
  • 1/2 tbsp cayenne
  • 1 Tbsp oregano
  • 2 Bay leaves
  • Salt & Pepper to taste


  1. Cook the short ribs on high for a couple hours with a little beef broth in a crock pot. Before beginning your chili, take them out and let cool,  .
  2. In a large deep pot, add chorizo and cook for several minutes then add onion and cook several more minutes. 
  3. Add garlic and ground turkey and a little olive oil.
  4. Cook until turkey is thoroughly done. 
  5. Chop your short ribs into small cubes and add to meat mixture.
  6. Add all other ingredients.   
  7. Let simmer for at least 45 minutes.
  8. Serve with cheese, sour cream, jalepeno slices and corn bread!! 
ENJOY!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment