Friday, October 2, 2015

Mediterranean Turkey Burger

Yall know I love a good burger but I sometimes feel like I make the same one a lot. Last night as I was staring into my fridge, I saw my left over marinera and immediately wanted meatballs. So I thought about how I could make a burger that that was reminiscent of spaghetti and meatballs and came up with this! They must've been really good because the hubs had two! 
 **Ingredients** 
-Burgers-
  • 1 package lean ground turkey 
  • 2 tbsp black beans (mashed) 
  • 1 tbsp capers (finely chopped) 
  • 1 garlic clove (minced)
  • 2 tbsp red onion (finely chopped) 
  • 1 tbsp sundries tomato paste 
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire 
  • 1 tbsp broth 
  • 1 tbsp Italian seasoning 
  • 1 tsp lawrys med. salt 
  • 1 tsp garlic/onion powder 
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes 
  • Cracked black pepper
  • Thinly sliced Parmesan cheese (I had a triangle that I took and made a few thin slices) 
  • Squash and zucchini (you'll just need one thin slice of each per burger) 
  • Marinara (just enough to top burgers with) 
  1. Mix all ingredients (except squash, zucchini, cheese and sauce) together in a mixing bowl. 
  2. Use an ice cream scooper and use one scoop plus a little more, form patties and put on a baking sheet. 
  3. Heat your grille to about 350, then spray or rub with oil. 
  4. Cook patties for 6-7 min per side adding the cheese on top for the last 2 min.
  5. Put your zucchini and squash on the same time as the cheese, flipping once. 
-Basil Pesto Mayo- 
  • 1 tbsp Store bought pesto
  • 2 tbsp mayo 
  1. Mix together & put in fridge until ready to use. 
Once your burgers are done, spread mayo on top and bottom of toasted bun, then the patty followed by the veggies and top with marinera!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment