Friday, October 2, 2015

Pickled Habanero Radishes 

Radishes are one of my favorite veggies! Roasted, raw, in a salad, pickled, I love them any way! Esp in the summer! I had a ziplock bag full that I had rinsed and cut the stems off so I could pull them out to snack on; I really love them just dipped in a little salt but they needed to be used and I have a big container of home grown habaneros so I thought I'd make some spicy pickled radishes! These were SO easy and turned out really delicious. I looked up a recipe on Pinterest but ended up tweeking it, it didn't call for habaneros and had too much honey IMP. 
If you're a lover of radishes and spice, you'll love these. These will be great on tacos, mixed into a cucumber & tomato salad or eaten alone. 
 PS. They are not that spicy! The habanero adds great flavor and a bit of kick. 
** Ingredients**
  • 1 1/2 cups red radishes thinly sliced 
  • 1 green habanero stem off and cut in half 
  • 1 large garlic clove skin removed and cut in half 
  • 3/4 cup water 
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar 
  • 1 tbsp honey 
  • 1/2 tbsp salt 
  1. Add pepper, garlic & radishes to mason jar. 
  2. In a small pot add water, vinegar & honey. Heat until honey is melted. This takes just a few min. 
  3. Let liquid cool then poor into mason jar. 
  4. Put the lid on tight and refrigerate for 24hrs! That's it! 
Happy Pickling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment