Friday, October 2, 2015

Paprika Chicken & Spinach with White Wine Butter Sage Sauce 

um yeaaahhhh, this was not the healthiest of sauces because it has 5 tablespoons of butter, but, who cares!! Some times you just gotta make a dish like this. It was delicious and easy! The most unhealthy part was the super cheesy hasselback potato I served with it though. Which was also delicious, sinful actually. What's better than potatoes and cheese?!?!
 While this is not my recipe, I used sage instead of the herb it called for, thyme. And I've already thought of how to cut back on calories and fat in the sauce; use low sodium chicken or veggie stock instead. I personally wouldn't totally cut out the butter because it's what makes it a bit creamy and glossy. 
I'm just going to post the link to the recipe below the photo. It calls for thyme so don't be alarmed by the difference in my title but like I said I used sage because that's what I had on hand. I love sage this "thyme" of year! <---bad joke. Anyway, make this!! Ill post the potato recipe separately  
http://www.thekitchenpaper.com/paprika-chicken-spinach-white-wine-butter-thyme-sauce/

No comments:

Post a Comment