Friday, October 2, 2015

Pulled BBQ Chicken Tacos w Habanero Coleslaw 

oh my gosh these were delicious! And super easy. I made pulled BBQ chicken Saturday for the game and had some left over and since today is Taco Tuesday....I made tacos! Even if you don't have left over chicken this would still be easy to make; I made the chicken in the crock pot with Stubbs spicy BBQ sauce so the only thing I made tonight were the pickled onions & coleslaw. And the fried jalapeños were left over from dinner Friday night! (Which are not pictured because I forgot them before I took this picture) While they are not necessary, they sure did add great texture.


 
**Ingredients** 
-BBQ Chicken-
  • 2-3 chicken breast 
  • 2 cups Stubbs spicy BBQ sauce 
  • 1/2 Tbsp cumin 

  1. Add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 6 hrs. 
  2. Shred when done. 

-Habanero Coleslaw-

  • 1/2 habanero de-seeded and minced 
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped bagged coleslaw 
  • 1/4 tsp cumin, garlic & onion powder 
  • Pinch of sugar 
  • 2 tbsp mayo 
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar 
  • 1 tbsp white distilled vinegar 
  • Salt & Pepper to taste 

  1. Add all ingredients, except coleslaw, to a bowl and whisk together. 
  2. Add coleslaw and mix. 
  3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 min. 

-Quick Pickled Red Onion- 
Red onion
  • 2 tbsp White vinegar 
  • 1/4 tsp salt 

  1. Thinly slice red onion. Enough to have about 6 slices per taco. I didn't measure these 
  2. Add to small bowl with vinegar and salt. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 min. 

-Misc.- 
  • Tortillas 
  • Lime wedges 
  • Mexican crema 
  • Fresh Cilantro 
Once everything is done you'll just need to assemble your tacos! I heated my tortillas and started with a small mound of coleslaw, then chicken, crema, onion, cilantro and a squirt of lime. They were so yummy and the crunch of the coleslaw mixed with the creaminess of the crema was perfection!! 
Happy Taco Tuesday!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment