Friday, October 2, 2015

Coleslaw 

This is the coleslaw I put on my BBQ pizza! I like my coleslaw shredded really fine; I would have just bought the 'super fine' in a bag but my Publix sucks so I just grabbed a head of cabbage and cut it myself. You can also put it through a food processor using a certain blade but yeah, don't have one of those. Since I knew Michael would not want any I used a little less than half the head of cabbage once I cut it in half. It ended up being about 2 1/2 cups I'd say.  

**Ingredients** 
  • 2 1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage 
  • 1/2 tbsp celery seeds 
  • 1/2 tbsp onion powder 
  • 2 tbsp mayonnaise 
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar 
  • 1/2 tbsp agave nectar or honey 
  • Heavy pinch of ground black pepper & salt 
  1. Whisk all ingredients in a mixing bowl then add cabbage 
  2. Using a large spoon, 'stir' until cabbage is coated
  3. Cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for about 30 minutes before serving 

No comments:

Post a Comment