Friday, October 2, 2015

Chorizo Bolognese w Parppardelle Pasta

I kind of love chorizo, like, A LOT!! But I don't eat it too often, ok maybe I do, so what! I usually add a little to my burgers to add flavor and moisture Bc I make turkey burgers and turkey can be a bit dry. I also use it in tacos, DUH!! I love the spice, texture and versatility of it. Traditional bolognese calls for ground pork, so this is a good close second. Traditional bolognese also calls for milk, I used goat cheese; I could eat that shit on everything! 
Because I just used chorizo and no other meat, although you totally could add any ground meat of your choice, it was a bit spicy. But I was fine with that!! I love spicy!! This is a pretty simple recipe but lends tons of flavor. 
 
**Ingredients** 
  • 8 oz chorizo 
  • 2 garlic cloves minced 
  • 1 celery stalk (finely chopped) 
  • 3 tbsp finely chopped carrot 
  • 1/2 onion finely chopped 
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste 
  • Goat cheese (about two tbsp) 
  • 1 tbsp butter 
  • Heavy splash of white wine 
  • 1 bay leaf 
  • 1 tsp nutmeg 
  • 1 tsp black pepper 
  • About 2 cups Parppardelle pasta 
  1. Sauté chorizo in large pan over med heat for about 5 min then remove with a slotted spoon, leaving rendered fat in pan.
  2. Leaving heat on , add all ingredients except the garlic and goat cheese.
  3. Cook until veggies are tender, 15-20 min. Then add garlic and goat cheese. 
  4. Let cook for another 20 min or so. 
  5. With 5 min remaining, cook pasta. 
  6. Transfer the pasta to the pan with sauce using a slotted spoon and stir to coat pasta. 
  7. Serve in a wide shallow bowl and top with Parmesan and fresh basil. 
*Makes 2-3 servings. To serve more just dbl all ingredients 

No comments:

Post a Comment